Questions regarding ḥadīths and books featuring Ḥanafī scholars
The following document in Arabic and Urdu answers the following queries received from Mufti Nasiruddin of Mazahirul Uloom Saharanpur:
- Is there a ḥadīth with this meaning: Islam’s honour in the early period is poverty and towards the end of time richness and wealth?
- Is this a ḥadīth “Poverty is my pride”? What is its status?
- Was a companion squeezed in the grave simply because he was not careful regarding urine drops?
- Please outline some books that feature the profiles of Ḥanafī scholars.
Travelling on Plane and performing ʿAṣr Ṣalāh at Mithl Awwal
I am travelling abroad and my flight departure time is before the ʿAṣr Ṣalāh time begins. However, the time for ʿAṣr Ṣalāh begins before this according to the other schools of thought based on Mithl Awwal. As it is extremely difficult on some airlines in particular to perform Ṣalāh on the plane in a standing position, is it permissible for me to perform ʿAṣr Ṣalāh before I board, otherwise it will be qaḍāʾ?
Shilbī or Shalbī
What is the correct pronunciation of the name of the author of the Ḥāshiyah of Tabyīn al-Ḥaqāʾiq: Imam Shilbī or Shalbī?
The Ḥanafī jurist Imam Zūzanī al-Sadīdī
I have come across a statement of Imam Zūzanī al-Sadīdī in Taḥrīr al-Aqwāl fī Ṣawm al-Sitt min Shawwāl. Please can you share his profile and his year of death. Also, is it Zūzanī or Zawzanī?
Shams al-Aʾimmah al-Ḥulwānī or al-Ḥalwānī
What is the correct pronounciation of the name of the famous Ḥanafī jurist: Shams al-Aʾimmah al-Ḥulwānī or al-Ḥalwānī with a ḍammah or fatḥah?
Was Imam Abū Ḥanīfah a tābiʿī? I have heard some people say that he was not. Please clarify.
FIVE QUESTIONS REGARDING JANĀZAH ṢALĀH AND BURIAL
(1) We have been taught to recite the additional words ‘Wa Jalla Thanāʾuka’ in the Thanāʾ of Janāzah Ṣalāh. Is there a ḥadīth that substantiates this?
(2) Is it permissible to read Sūrah al-Fātiḥah in Janāzah Ṣalāh?
(3) Is it sunnah to read the verse of the Qurʾān ‘Minhā Khalaqnākum Wa Fīhā Nuʿīdukum Wa Minhā Nukhrijukum Tāratan Ukhrā’ during burial?
(4) What is the ruling regarding reciting Sūrah al-Fātiḥah or the opening of Sūrah al-Baqarah after burial at the head-side and the final verses of Sūrah al-Baqarah at the foot-side?
(5) It is common to raise hands and make congregational duʿāʾ after burial. Is this sunnah and was this the common practice in the time of the Prophet ﷺ?